Monday, August 8, 2011

Cheerleaders

I have many things on my mind today as I am experiencing re-entry from my week in Nashville. There are several topics floating through my mind, but one keeps coming up over & over: Cheerleaders.

We all need cheerleaders - for different reasons, and sometimes moreso in certain seasons. We need them! I have found that true over the past 9 weeks. I started with one - my #1 cheerleader, Scott! He wasn't yelling or even doing any jumps or splits, but he's been encouraging me every step of the way. Then, as we went on vacation and continued to be vigilant in our workouts and healthy eating choices, my parents joined my Cheerleading team. My dear friend, Monica, has been supporting me with her chants each week when we meet for dinner. Then this past week at the MOPS Convention, I met up with several more cheerleaders. Lauri, Michelle, Bobbi - who cheered me on Wednesday morning while I did my Tae Bo workout in our hotel room. Then there were random, sincere, compliments on my progress by a couple of MOPS AD sisters who noticed the changes.  Holly & Tammy - thanks for your listening ears and care for me in my journey!

I suppose some people might say, "You should work out and eat well because you'll be happier." Maybe Others might say, "Wouldn't you love to wear some of those cute little outfits?" Sure.There are lots of reasons to pursue weight loss and a healthier lifestyle.

Here's the thing: IT'S HARD! No, I am not whining. I put myself in this position and I am the one who is going to get myself out. There are options and the one I have chosen requires me to put in some good cardio and watch what I am eating more closely. It takes willpower and determination in this world where you sit down for dinner at O'Charley's and they deliver you a basket of warm fresh yeast rolls. It means saying letting the chocolate and candy sit all over the table at MOPS Field Leader Training! 

But, all of those "nos" mean I am saying "yes" to a longer life, a healthier body, wellness and fitness! It means I am saying "yes" to my girls more often when they want to do things. It means saying "yes" to fun and new clothing options. And it means saying "yes" to feeling good about myself because I am taking care of me!

Some days, I don't have it in me to say "YES" to ANOTHER Tae Bo workout. But I hear my husband say, "You're looking good, girl!" Some times I really want to take that roll and I hear my parents voices say, "Wow! You can really see it in your face!" There are times when it's difficult to let that candy sit on the table, but I hear my friend Monica or my dear AD sister and friend Bobbi say, "I am so proud of you!"  It makes the difference and it keeps me going!

So I am asking, "Who can you be a cheerleader for today?" Who is in need of your words of encouragement? Share them. Say them. Give a compliment. It just might be you that keeps that person motivated!







1 comment:

  1. Would it be a compliment to say that I was scared your pants were going to fall off when you were "running the race" during Field Leader training?? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete