Monday, July 25, 2011

But the needle on the scale stopped moving...

The last few days have been a bit discouraging. I was having a pretty steady drop over the course of the previous 7 weeks, but the last few days, I'm not seeing that next "drop". It's one that I was really looking forward to, and so that makes it frustrating. Also the fact that I have really been doing well makes it hard! I've been doing my workouts daily - no skips. I've been eating smart. I even changed things up a bit...adding the weight training 2 weeks ago. Yeah, yeah, I know that probably means I am building muscle, which weighs more than fat, but I would prefer to see the fat going WHILE I build muscle!

I am sure that many people have suggestions...change up the routine (which, I'm not quite ready to do), or increase the difficulty of my workout (that's an option - there's an advanced workout on my Tae Bo DVD). Honestly, I'm not really looking for suggestions right now. I mostly want to vent for the time and I am confident I will see the changes coming in the next few days.  

Tonight, I am coming more to grips with the fact that the needle on the scale wasn't further down today. I am realizing that I probably need this "plateau" for my body to adjust to what has already taken place. Also, I need the opportunity to get my bearings and move on. I'm looking ahead, too, and planning to "shake things up" coming in September when I'll be participating in a Aqua Aerobics class twice a week.  

One thing I am pretty adamant about is that I am going to really try to do as much of this as possible without a "program" or a "diet". We've made a lifestyle change and I want to live it. I've learned a lot of discipline through these 2 months and it's been with the support and encouragement of my husband and my own faith. Some of it is just common sense (which, I am sorry to say, many many American don't have these days.) People just don't know what is reasonable.

So, do I give up today? Do I abandon what has been accomplished until now? I didn't "mess up" today. I didn't comfort myself with some treat to be a balm to my disappointment.. I donned my workout clothes, filled my mug with ice-cold water and I pushed 'play' again! Tomorrow - I'll do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment